Has it snuck up on you too? Yes that’s right Round 4 of a Round of Words in 80 days begins TODAY! True, I thought it was due to begin tomorrow, so I was under the impression I had one more day of rest and recuperation. Alas, not to be, so straight back into it!
Goals for Round 4:
- Finish 1st Draft of Soul Hunter – Despite my original plans to finish the first draft of Soul Hunter over the break, I decided to have a rest instead so Goal 1 is to finish that first draft (I only have two chapters – about 6000 words – to go!). I am hoping to complete this during the first week (in a little over a week I am heading overseas for a few months and I want to have it finished before I go) so here’s hoping!
- Complete ‘Empowering Characters’ Emotions’ Lectures – I have purchased Margie Lawson’s lecture packet on Empowering Characters’ Emotions and along with my iCrit pal Crystal Cipriani I will be attempting to complete a lecture a week over the course of ROW80.
- Critique for the iCrit girls – During Round 3 I met three amazing women, Crystal Cipriani, Ozlem Yikici and Lena Corazon and we formed a group known as iCrit. I am planning to set aside AT LEAST 1 hour a week to devoted to critiquing their work.
- Edit my first novel, Ankhari – I have no idea how long this is going to take so I am going to plan to edit 50 pages a week (but that might change as I have no idea how achievable this will be particularly as I will be overseas for pretty much the entire Round).
- Write 2 blog posts per week – The current plan is one ROW80 check-in post and one other post, but with all my entirely ambitious goals we will see how we go.
- EXERCISE!!! – Okay so this is the most ambitious of all but the apartments we are staying at in Los Angeles have a gym so I really don’t have my usual excuses. 3 times a week or bust!
Oh Dear! I have 6 goals, how the hell did that happen? I was planning on taking it easy compared to last round.
Are you participating in Round 4 of ROW80? Do you have no idea what ROW80 is and would like to find out? (ps click here) Are you being overly ambitious with your goals too?
By the way don’t forget the ROW80 party on the 5th of October, gather at the #ROW80 hashtag on Twitter. For more info refer to Jenny’s blog.
Looking forward to catching up with all of you over the next few months.