Another round of ROW80 has begun! I had the best intentions this week and was genuinely planning on posting my goals for this round of ROW80 last week but unfortunately I have been busy and sick, so it didn’t happen. But here I am.
By the way, ROW80 is A Round of Words in 80 Days, a writing challenge for people with busy lives. If you want to know more about it please go and check out the website of ROW80 queen and all round champ Kait Nolan.
So my goals for this round include:
- Finish the lastest edit run of Soul Hunter and get it to my first group of beta readers
- Write an outline for the sequel to Ankhari (current working title is Kaminu)
- Re-read Ankhari book 1 in preparation for writing the sequel
- Write the sequel (aiming to write 5000 words per week)
Okay, so obviously I am not going to complete the entire novel during the current round of ROW80 but I am going to give it a good kick start.
So we are a week down already and the good news is that despite a fever and tonsilitis and an overpowering desire to spend 2 days in bed I actually managed to get something done this week.
- The edits on Soul Hunter are done and the novel is ready to send off to my first set of beta-readers. I am super excited. The exhilaration of handing a completed novel over to someone for the first time gives me a real kick. I can’t wait.
- I have already started working on the outline for Kaminu, hopefully the plot outline will be completed by the end of next week and then I can get into the writing.
Overall, so far, so good.
What about you. Are you participating in the current round of ROW80? Did you have a good week? How do you get the motivation to push through even when you’re sick? As always I love hearing from you.