Lack of motivation? The start of the Olympics? Where can we lay the blame when things don’t go as planned? Because, obviously, it’s not my fault.
GOALS FOR ROW80 ROUND 3
1. Read 10 books and watch 10 movies to keep me on track to hit 50 for the year. Watched – The Blind Side (One of those movies I’ve been meaning to watch for ages but didn’t get around to it until it was on telly last week – totally worth the wait, loved it) Total thus far = 3/10. Read – Yellow Cake by Margo Lanagan (A compilation of short stories. Loved some, hated some, but overall I like my shorts with a nifty twist at the end and these left me wanting) Total thus far = 4/10.
2. Keep exercising as often as possible (preferably 2-3 times a week). Ummm [hangs head in shame]… well… no. None. Zero. Zip. Not a one. There’s nothing else to say.
3. Write 5000 words a week on either of my two current projects. 1 word on Project 1 + 1817 words on Project 2 = 1818 words total. No that’s not a typo somehow I managed to add 1 word to my novel over the course of a whole week. I don’t know how that happened, so don’t ask. Obviously I was not even close to my goals. I did also write 696 words towards a short story, but still a complete and utter fail.
4. Complete one additional ‘Spring Cleaning’ project per week. Cleaned out both the kids wardrobes and sorted Son’s bookshelf. Thank god there is some light at the end of the tunnel!
5. Try and find some time in among all that to do some edits on Soul Hunter and send it out for another round of beta reading in prep for serious editing. I’m up to 17% so I completed another 7% this week, not a complete fail, but not the 10% I was hoping for either.
Not a great week by any stretch, but we all have those weeks don’t we? Don’t we? Please tell me we do.
As always I love hearing from you.