I feel like crap! I’m sick. My head feels about four foot wide, my back aches, and I’m super tired. So, no suprise that I haven’t even looked at starting the flash fiction piece for the writer’s campaign that I was going to post today. So instead something a bit different.
A few days ago Jo Eberhardt posted a Character Meme on her blog. That she had taken from Anthony Lee Collins. Who in turn had taken it from Maggie’s blog. (All awesome blogs and well worth the click!)
So I thought I would post the Meme and my answers here. If you are doing it make sure you pick the characters before you read through the questions. It will make it more fun!
Step 1: Randomly pick 12 of your original characters without looking at the questions.
Okay, so it didn’t specify whether or not the characters should be from the one novel or not (but I struggled to come up with 12 from 1) so I decided to choose very diverse characters from 3 completely unrelated novels (not even in the same genres). Turns out this was a good thing! Made for much more entertaining answers 🙂
My 12 characters are:
1. Anderson (17-yr old girl the the ability to teleport – from Ankhari)
2. Nate (19 yr old guy with the gift of mind control – from Ankhari)
3. John (54 yr old not-so-nice man with the power of telekinesis – from Ankhari)
4. Kyle (19 yr old college student, no powers (poor guy) – from Ankhari)
5. William (Anderson’s father, also has the ability to teleport – from Ankhari)
6. Ava (17-yr old school student, no powers – from Ankhari)
7. Grace (Anderson’s mother, no powers – from Ankhari)
8. Zepherina (800-yr old Demon – from The Soul Hunter)
9. Meredius (900-yr old Demon – from The Soul Hunter)
10. Reed (28-yr old human – from The Soul Hunter)
11. Kali (15-yr old cancer patient – from Kali Jacobs Please Take a Seat)
12. Riley (15-yr old guy – from Kali Jacobs Please Take a Seat)
Step 2: Answer the questions below to gain some insight into your characters!
1. Who would make a better college professor: 6 or 11?
Ava or Kali? By coincidence these girls are the two stereotypical blonde bimbos from two different stories. I have scientists, musicians, demons, and nurses and I have to pick between two blonde school kids! I call it a tie, but I wouldn’t want either of them teaching me unless the subject was cheerleading 101.
2. Do you think 2 is hot? How hot?
Nate. Ahhhh, hell yes! (That is if you are into 19-yr old guys of course). Tall, brown hair, green eyes, rippling abs, perfectly formed v-muscles – it’s all there girls!
3. 12 sends 8 on a mission. What is it, and does it succeed?
Riley who is a kind of geeky-muscian 15-yr old sends a violent Soul Hunting Demon on a mission? Hmmm. I guess it would be to take out all the bullies at his school. Does she succeed? Of course, she’s awesome!
4. What is, or would be, 9′s favorite book?
Meredius’s favourite book is actually mentioned in my manuscript. It is ‘The Elathial Texts’ a kind of modified version of the bible.
5. Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around?
Nate would defintely sweat fealty to Ava – he is just that kind of stand up guy. (She might return the favour if it meant she secured herself a new boyfriend).
6. For some reason, 5 is looking for a room-mate. Should they share a studio apartment with 9 or 10?
William has to choose between Meredius or Reed. Well Mer would definately be more fun (he is an Anarchist Demon afterall) but as he resides in Hell I am afraid that I have to choose Reed.
7. 2, 7, and 12 have dinner together. Where do they go, and what do they discuss?
For some reason I missed this question when I was doing my answers on paper the other day and now my head hurts too much to bother coming up with an answer. I will pick Italian for not other reason than it is my favourite 🙂
8. 3 challenges 10 to a duel. What happens?
John challenges Riley. John wins. He is a nasty piece of work and he has superpowers to boot so it’s not really a fair contest.
9. If 1 stole 8′s most precious possession, how would they get it back?
Anderson steals Zepherina’s most precious possession. While I have no idea what Zeph’s most precious possession might be (even she can’t decide!) I know that she would certainly be able to get it back. She is a Demon with impressive powers of persuasion. Or at worst she could get a Redemption Demon to ‘take care’ of Anderson for her.
10. Suggest a title for a story in which 7 and 12 both attain what they most desire.
Grace and Riley? Maybe ‘The power of regret’???
11. What kind of plot device would you use if you wanted 4 and 1 to work together?
No plot device necessary, they already do.
12. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would you get along?
Grace would be a mothering figure. Caring, generous, if I was lucky she might even clean the house and cook me dinner.
13. If you could command 3 to perform any one task or service for you, what would it be?
To replicate the virus he creates in my manuscript that cures cystic fibrosis.
14. Do any of your friends resemble 11 (either in appearance or personality)?
Kali looks and acts like some of the girls I went to school with – not the ones I was friends with – I will leave it at that!
15. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, which would it be?
Nate would have to choose Kyle, who is his best-mate, no contest.
16. What might 10 shout while charging into battle?
Reed would say something along the lines of ‘Revenge’ (if he had to speak – in reality he goes into his own personal battle in silence).
17. If you chose a song to represent 8, which song would you choose?
Zepherina is an albino Demon (I am not kidding) so it would have to be ‘A White Demon Love Song’ by The Killers.
18. 1, 6, and 12 are having dim sum at a Chinese restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets to eat it?
Anderson would give it up for Ava (they are best friends after all) and Ava would give it up for Riley (she is a consummate flirt).
19. What might be a good pick-up line for 2 to use on 10?
Ummm. Nate and Reed – wouldn’t happen. Ever!
20. What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Of all my characters probably one of the least likely to be arrested. Maybe for illegal gambling?
21. What is 6′s secret?
Ava has many secrets, it depends which book you are referring to. Besides, I can’t say it here as it would give it all away!
22. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Meredius can use portals between Hell and the surface and Kali is limited to a wheelchair so not really fair.
23. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, would you feel safer in the company of 7 or 8?
Grace would be pretty useless so the obvious choice would be Zepherina. The only problem is that Zeph is far scarier than anything you’ll find on the street.
24. 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4′s sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them, but it is later discovered that he/she is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this story?
Ahhh! I’m confused.
Step 3: No I’m just kidding that’s the end!
Hope you enjoyed it. If you are trying to get develop your characters further I can highly recommend it (or if you just want a laugh).
Okay so now onto my ROW80 check-in. Don’t worry it will be quick.
Word counts for the week:
Thurs – 1045
Fri – 870
Sat – 686
Sun – 577
Mon – 719
Tues – 1198
Wed – 546
Total of 5641 words for the week. YAY!
Hope you all had a good week!